It’s been a while since I’ve made one of my infamous (well, more appropriately, not famous) lists. So, I think I’ve got a good bit to share.
- I’m really looking forward to taking some time off. We’ve got a “stay-cation” planned in July, and not doing anything sounds WONDERFUL right now!
- I can’t wait for table games to begin at Charlestown Raceway & Slots! Not having to drive all the way to Atlantic City to whet my blackjack, poker, or craps whistle will be very nice!
- I’m ready for a new phone. My current blackberry is still nice and functional and appropriate, but I’m ready for a new one. Word going round is that the Blackberry 9800 Slider phone should be coming out in the next couple of months! A full, touchscreen with a real keyboard, and much more application memory than my current blackberry!
- I want a slate. Not an ipad, which can’t multitask… I want a Notion Ink Adam! Can handle the hi-def media requirements I like, as well as convert to the “kindle-like” monochrome screen for reading, just at the touch of a button! And the anti-glare and viewing angles are awesome on this thing! I hope that this will get me to read more… and hopefully digital magazines will be perfected by the time this comes out.
- I can’t wait for football to start up again! Now that the conference-stealing-scrambling thing appears to be over, with relatively few defections, I can concentrate on some Virginia Tech football! They’re looking to be good again this year, especially with the return of Ryan Williams AND Darren Evans in the backfield. The running game will be amazing. And with a (hopefully) mature Tyrod Taylor under center, we could have an explosive offense. And Bud Foster’s defense ALWAYS plays tough. This could be another ACC Championship year for the Hokies! Oh, and it looks like I’ll be at the Boise State game, being played in DC on Labor Day! Good times!
- And my Dallas Cowboys are looking like they’re going to be pretty good this year again! Let’s hope so!
- And maybe another trip to Vegas in October?!? If so, we can celebrate our “almost first year anniversary” while there! I hear another trip to Sensi coming!